Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Feed the Bears

Hooray for Humpday!!

Jen over at i{heart}2stamp has made some changes to her sketch challenges, dropping them from weekly to monthly. Much more manageable for her I am sure. And for me too! I love her sketches but found it difficult to play along each week. It's a new year and I am going to try my best to play each month. You should join too, Jen has an awesome prize lined up for those who play in all 12 months. Check out all the deets here.

Here is the sketch for January...

And here is my card...

I had my 14 year old son in mind with this outdoorsy card so embellies were kept to an absolute minimum. Well, maybe even non-existent! I used some papers from October Afternoon's Campfire paper pack along with the TCP set called "Happy Camper". It is also a bit of play on words since our nickname for our youngest is "bear". When the boys were little, Josh couldn't say Kaleb so instead called him Kiki and that developed into Kiki-bear but at 12 he really doesn't appreciate Kiki anymore, lol.

Not sure if anyone really wants to know, but I am going to try to list my ingredients when I can.

stamps: TCP-Happy Camper
paper: SU kraft, chocolate chip, old olive, pacific point
DP-October Afternoon Campfire 8x8 pad
ink-Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic Markers
other: black glaze pen, tracing wheel, circle punches, dimensionals, MFT grass border die.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Michele Boyer said...

ADORABLE scene!!

ChristineCreations said...

eeek! This is adorable Tracy! What fantastic papers to go with this cute bear!

Alma de la Rosa said...

Just so sweet. Love the coloring of the bear offering the acorn.

Angelnorth said...

Great bear, great colouring - love it! (and my word verification is "fatie" - presumably what the bears will be if they get over fed!)

Priscilla said...

LOVE the bear, Tracy!! Fantastic coloring and just love the combination of papers/colors you chose! I just discovered your blog and am already a fan - can't wait to see more! {{hugs}}

Nancy Thomas said...

Love this - such great clean lines and perfect paper choices for that sweet bear stamp.

Bonnie said...

What a cute and clever card!! You continue to amaze me with absolutely perfect choices of papers, images, and color combinations.

Amy Sheffer said...

Oh Tracy! This is ADORABLE! Great job with the SFYTT!