Thursday, January 06, 2011

Peachy Keen

Greetings! I hope your week is going well. Getting the boys back into the routine of bed time and school following vacation time is a chore. Despite my best, loud and horrendously off-key singing of "Rise and shine and give God the glory" they are not making the bus on the first run. Good thing they have a second chance to catch the bus again about 10 minutes later. Otherwise taxi Dad charges them $5 for a ride to school and no, staying home is never an option. They will tell you that sometimes they have mean parents but I am determined to raise responsible children who know the reality of consequences. This week has just brought more than our fair share of grumpy heads.

Any who, you probably came here for a card or something. The other day when I was using the new-to-me Verve set, Kind Words, I made a second sample. This one was even more simple than the first.

I used Verve's new Sweet Scallop die for the tag, I just love the shape! The flower was inked in the new SU color Peach Parfait and old olive. The sentiment is also from Verve, called Thankful Hearts. The fonts in the set are wonderful. Nothing too fancy but I like it muchly!

stamps: Verve Thankful Thoughts and Kind Words
paper: SU very vanilla, basic black, peach parfait
ink: SU peach parfait, old olive, Memento black
other: MFT border die, Verve Sweet Scallop die, organdy ribbon, Cuttlebug embossing folder, pearls

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Very nice card! Simple but tasteful and effective with the embossed background and tag. I like the taxi Dad idea, too! I don't miss the days of getting my kids off to school. Jill was independent and reliable, but Kevin was another story. Yikes!!