Friday, March 18, 2011

Shady Shades

TGIF!!

This will be a short post, I have 2 meeting first thing this morning. One of the stamp sets (Floral Occasions) that Nancy released from Shady Tree Studios on Friday is filled with florals. You may recognize some of them as they were previously available through CHF. Her florals were some of my favorites when I was on that DT. They're still fav's. Here is a card I made using the Iris in the set.

I used Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol this time, mounting it to a neutral backdrop of paper that I think is MME.

While I was in the mode, I took out the tulip image from CHF, this one is not in the set but many of you might already have this stamp.

This time I used SU inks to watercolor. I love Melon Mambo but when watercolored it looks a little fluorescent. Definitely a contrast to the first, more vintage sample.

That is it for me today. Thanks for stopping!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

These are both wonderful, Tracy - certainly puts me in the mood for Spring which is *this* close ;^) !

I love the tulip, too - it might just make a comeback! Right now we have it in a much smaller size in "Eastertide."

Bagels Recipes said...

Hi thaanks for sharing this

Bagels Recipes said...

Greeat reading your post