Monday, April 04, 2011

Happy Thoughts

Last month I bought this cheery paper at my LSS. I knew I wanted to use it on some kind of project where the paper could be one of the focal points. Once I got it home, I was totally uninspired to use it. Then today my son discovered a ladybug while at church. A sign of spring? Probably not since it was a dead one, lol. Anyway, I pulled out a 1/2 composition book and used the paper to create a little journal.


The image is by Stamping Bella. I colored her with Copics and used a black glaze pen on all the dots. The sentiment is by Amuse. When the composition books are on sale around back to school time, I have a stack cut in half at the office supply store. They make fun projects and nice gift. The back cover has the same paper covering it and the insides are covered with old olive card stock for a finished look.

I'd keep it for myself except that I am a lousy journaler. It would end up like all my other attempts, the first few pages would be written on followed by a whole bunch of blanks! So, I will set it aside and gift it when the opportunity arises.

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Dana said...

I really like the shape of the journal you've created. I didn't know that the store would cut them in 1/2. What a great idea!

Bonnie said...

I love your ladybug journal, and what an adorable ladybug image!! We need Spring any way we can get it! Thank you for that.