Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Under My Umbrella

Rain, rain go away, go to Texas where they need it! We are once again putting on our rain jackets and waders. Well, I hope this red and yellow gift bag will bring some cheer.

The image I used is called "Under My Umbrella", part of the Gillian Roberts collection at Stampavie. Hers must be a sun umbrella though, 'cause it doesn't appear to be raining on her parade.

I had colored this image and tried for what seemed like forever to make it work on a card. It was like pulling teeth I tell ya! Ever have those days in your crafting?? Pushing a rock uphill. It wasn't the image, it was the elements I was trying to put together. I set it aside and started to rummage around drawers for who knows what. I came across some leftover class projects, including a white lunch sack cut down for a bag project. Now the pieces just seemed to fall into place and the whole experience was so much more enjoyable. The card stock pieces are 5" square with the bag sandwiched in between. The handles are 11" by 1", fastened with brads and a bit of tape. I embossed the front panel with a dotted Cuttlebug folder.

That is it for me. Today is day one of 3 days of training at work. The county is finally trying to go computerized. No more DOS. Can you imagine the fun I am going to have????

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi Tracy! What a cute little gift bag. And that image is just adorable! =)

Bonnie said...

Oh Tracy, you've done it again!! What a sweet, adorable image, and you have brought it to life in a bright and beautiful way!! Love it!

Rose Ann said...

This is so sweet, Tracy...and your coloring looks amazing!!

Michele Boyer said...

This is SO cute, Tracy! That is an adorable image and your coloring is perfect!

Angelnorth said...

Cute image, great colouring and yes, I think we all have days when a plan just fails to come together and elements get shuffled round the desk for hours! Good luck with that computer training!