Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July SFYTT

The month is quickly slipping away from me so I wanted to be sure to get my card done for Jen's July SFYTT. Here is the sketch...


It took me a bit to get something I liked. I wanted to make a baby card but the elements didn't pull together with the sketch. I still made a baby card so I will share that another time.
On my last visit to my LSS, I picked up some paper from a new line called Authentique. They had 6x6 paper packs which were filled with smooth paper designs. Very nice, but the 12x12 caught my eye because of the texture. Reminded me of Crate Paper.

I paired it with Verve's Kind Words stamp set. I just love the size and fonts on the sentiment! I used SU's retired coral cameo and certainly celery on the flowers.

The strip of gray under the ribbon was also embossed with a leaf pattern embossing folder.

There is still time to play along with Jen's sketch, it goes until the end of the month.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Tanja said...

Very nice card Tracy, it was a bit of a tricky sketch (I find circles and straight edged shapes together can be tricky especially when there are multiple circles). Love the colours, the papers and the stamps you have used.

Lisa Kind said...

Love it! The colors are so soothing! You should enter it in the JUGs color challenge! These are the colors for this week! And can you believe that I missed the June SFYTT? I did all the other months, but was so busy in June, I didn't get an entry in! Bummer!