Monday, October 03, 2011

Rockin' Christmas

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Mine did not turn out as expected. On Friday I took the day off because we were supposed to sign mortgage refinance papers. At the last minute we found out the papers were not ready so I decided to spend the day running errands and having lunch with my husband. On my way to meet him, I was rear ended causing me to be the cream in a car sandwich. Totally messed up my day, not to mention my car. Fortunately, my car is drive-able, minus a rear bumper. The car that hit me looked totaled--cracked windshield, deployed airbags, crumpled up engine--had to be towed away. After initially being really mad, I realized that God's hand of protection was on me. If you had seen the other guy you too would marvel at the little damage my little Vibe (not to mention me) sustained. My back is quite sore but I was able to enjoy the rest of the rainy weekend.

My creative time was spent making a tag using a Stampavie image called, Rocking Horse, part of the Tina Wenke line.

The shape of the tag is 2 layers of a Sizzix die set. The bottom layer is embossed and the second layer is a piece of designer paper from Authentique. Everything got the Photo Distress ink once over. I have been trying out some Promarkers from Letraset. They are alcohol based makers but their tips vary from the Copics. The firmer nibs on the Promarkers do take some getting used to. After the image was colored, I added some Prismacolor pencil details for age and depth. I sewed on a strip of heathered red felt. The shape looked like a bell to me so I added the knocker on the bottom.

That is it for me. I appreciate you stopping by.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

So sorry to hear about your accident, Tracy. Isn't it strange that so many plans were changed and then the accident happened? Makes you wonder what would have happened if your original plan had worked out. Your tag is beautiful, nice colors, vintage look. I guess we do have to start thinking about Christmas . . .
Hope your back (and the back of your car) will feel better soon!