Friday, November 03, 2006

White Lilacs

This is my card front swap for the central NY SCS gathering. I shared before how Rochester holds a Lilac Fest every year. There are many lovely colors of lilacs and for my card I chose to go with a white one. I stamped the first lilac layer with white craft ink onto mellow moss cardstock. The second lay is embossed with white EP. I used white craft instead of Versamark when I embossed and it gave it an uneven, bumpy texture that makes it look life like. The stems and leaves are done in always artichoke and mellow moss. I punched the corners with the ticket corner punch and to finish it off rubbed the edges with the white craft pad. I love the frosted effect.
The base of the card is always artichoke stamped with French Script in artichoke ink. The smaller panel is Fine Lace stamped on mellow moss cardstock in always artichoke. I used the double circle punch to feed the narrow black organdy ribbon through and then I curled it with my heat gun. I am very pleased with how this came out. I had the idea of spraying it with lilac perfume but thought it may be overdoing it just a bit!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope to meet you tomorrow. I live in Tully, just south of Syracuse . I love the things you have made for the Gathering in Morrisville. Till tomorrow, Laura

Dale Anne Potter said...

CONGRATULATIONS on having this card up on SU Stamper's Showcase (at least on the Canadian side anyway)!!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! Love the look of the white lilacs! Hope you have someone special in mind to receive this - it's great!