I was looking through some photos today in search of something and ran across this photo. It was something I submitted for an SU contest last year that never won. Now I wish I had it back! I saw a similar frame in a kit at Joannes at the time and thought I could do it for less. I bought a very large piece of MDF board at Home Depot and had my FIL cut it into tag shapes. In all I think I got 13 sets of frames from the one piece of MDF so they were something like 50 cents a set. He even drilled holes in the tops for me but they would have been fine without those too. The hard part ended up being finding hinges that would fit and not cost too much. Actually it was finding hinges and screws small enough to be sturdy yet not go through the back. If anyone has any sources for hinges let me know, I have some unfinished pieces left.
I covered it with paper from last years hostess scrap kit, Friends and Flowers. The photo on the right was adhered to a flower chipboard from the Onboard kit, trimmed and sanded. The rest of the accents were also taken from the scrap kit. If you click on the photo it will come up larger to see more of the detail.
Here is a link to another one in my SCS gallery, calendar tag. This was a project I did at a stamp camp last fall.
Thanks for stopping by!