Monday, September 29, 2008

Let's Polka!

Had some fun last night with Anna's Polkadot Mug from Whipper Snapper. Now that the weather is getting cooler, mugs of hot chocolate are back at our house. This image is good for those get well cards that seem to be in greater need these days. These larger images are really fun to color. The first one I made has a richer, more country look to it. I used Copics to color it in. On the inside I used a strip of paper as an accent and included the sentiment, "Death before decaf". I know someone who will really appreciate this!
The second one is a more fresh design. A little bit of designer paper is all it takes to change the mood of a card. I can't say which one I like better because they are so different. This second one has hints of glitter. I added glitter to the steam as well as to the centers of the flowers in the paper. The green twill ribbon came from Taylors store. This one was also colored with Copics.
I think I will go boil up some water for a cuppa....

3 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh wow, these are great! Love the colors in both. I've never seen these polka dotted mugs...they're so cute! These would definitely cheer someone up!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love them both Tracy! The sentiment on the first should be my motto LOL! And I love the colours on the second!

Kristine said...

=) heehee...I LOVE polka dots too! These mugs are very cute! I've never seen them before. Love your border punches too!