Sunday, January 04, 2009

Check it Out!!

Happy Sunday!! One more day until the kiddos go back to school and life can settle back into a routine again.
I have something really cool I want to share. As most of you know, we did a major kitchen renovation last summer. We are still working on the last 5%, painting trim, decorating and stuff. The holidays and life kinda slowed things to a crawl, but it was fully functional so I was happy. All along I knew I wanted some vinyl wall art to go somewhere in the finished space. I even knew what I wanted it to say but just hadn't gotten around to doing my research and ordering. In December, I came upon this wonderful little site called Once Upon a Design. Amy and Mindy opened up their business doors in October 2007. I emailed Amy to see if she could help me with my idea. She mocked up what I asked and it wasn't quite right so I turned the design over to her capable hands and she came up with exactly what I wanted. Their customer service was excellent and I had my vinyl in record time! Greg and I put it on the walls the same day it arrived and I can't express the joy it brought me! I feel like I am eating in a restaurant, lol! It was the perfect statement in our kitchen. Have I raved enough yet?? Want to see it for yourself?? Wait, one more thing, they have excellent prices, too! Okay...here it is...

Isn't it the coolest thing?!! They have lots of designs to choose from but will work with you if you want something custom or specific. They have some great ideas of your craft space too. I can't wait to paint up more rooms of our house so I can put up more. Believe me when I tell you the kitchen is by far the nicest room in the house now and I love spending time in there. If you are looking to add some fun elements to your walls, check them out. If you place an order, be sure to tell them I sent you! I love to support women trying to start their own business.
Thank you to those who placed orders for the calendar files and kits. I wanted to share another idea so you can see you are not limited to the mini CD cases. Coasters (4x4) work great if you cut the inserts 3.5" wide by 3.75" tall. You can even cut them so the printing is closer to the bottom edge, leaving more room for stamping and binding. I used my Bind it All for this quick sample. Book rings would work as well. If you were hesitating because you don't have the cases, take the plunge! They make great class ideas too.
Blessings on your day!

6 comments:

Deb said...

The vinyl wall art looks fantastic! I love the verse you chose, it is absolutely perfect! Glad you are enjoying your kitchen, it looks beautiful!

Cheryl said...

Tracy, Your kitchen is gorgeous! I love the colors and your wall vinyl! Thanks for the link!

Gail S. said...

Love the wall. Your kitchen/dining area looks beautiful. Doesn't it make you feel good to walk in there?

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love the wall art! What an amazing quote for the dining room, and a fabulous grace for the meal! Your calendar is fabulous...love the professional added touch the bind it all adds! I'll be in touch with you shortly about the challenge...of course I have a tagmaker...used it all of once LOL!

Mindy said...

Tracy,
It looks awesome. I love how it turned out. I am so glad you like it. I appreciate your kind words about my business. I love seeing finished projects. Thanks again so much. Mindy - Once upon a design

diane zechman said...

LOVE your kitchen, Tracy! It looks great!