Saturday, January 03, 2009

Whateva!

I have been one busy stamping bee and I love it!! I spent most of the last 2 days creating and the ideas were flowing. And some ideas that have been in my head for awhile finally saw the light of day.
Like many of you I buy stamps and stuff and then don't use them. What is that all about?? Craziness! I signed up for the monthly kits at Unity Stamps a couple of months ago and hadn't yet inked them up. One of the stamps in the December kit was this "whateva" image. Well, you never know where your ideas will take you. My mind kept going to the "whatever list" in Philippians 4:8. It ended up as a journal cover and I am ever so pleased with it. The whimsy of the stamp dictated the flavor of the project. The paper by Basic Grey covers my half Composition book. (I had a pile of Mead Comp books cut in half at Office Max, see this post for more) The verses I did on the computer and printed them onto soft sky card stock. The insides are covered in card stock too for a nice finished look. I left the black binding uncovered, adding a bit of felt ribbon over the seam. It paired well with the felt flower I had in my stash. This would make a great prayer journal for someone...maybe even myself ;).
I had a request for the recipe to my sugar cut outs. This came from a Taste of Home book years ago and I find it easy to work with.

Vanilla Butter Roll-outs
1 1/2 c butter, softened
1 1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
1 TBSP vanilla (you bet I used my homemade stuff!!)
4 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp salt
Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl, Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla. Combine dry ingredients, gradually add to the creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or until easy to handle. On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/4" thickness, cut out with cookie cutters and placed 2" apart on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Frost as desired. Makes 7 dozen (depending on size of your cutters)


Did you catch the new blog banner?? I have finally figured out how to make them under 10 hours, lol!! The elements all come from a free digi kit from Shabby Princess. They have some great stuff over there!

My first 2 birthday cards hit the mail yesterday, so far so good on my goal! If I could sing you might hear me belt out the James Brown tune "I Feel Good".

1 comment:

Gail S. said...

Thank you for the recipe!!! Your journal is nice. Oprah says everyone should have a gratitude journal to write what they are thankful for and this would be perfect!