Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Country Charm

Yesterday I missed telling you about the latest CHF release, a set called Country Charm Textures. This is the first of several designed with backgrounders sized down for ATC's. This one has a woodgrain and a cracked earth pattern, both very versatile. And not just for ATC's.

I made an ATC using the cracked earth. It is stamped in the new Pumice Stone Distress ink which is neutal enough to stamp over. After coloring my Artsy Bloom with Copics you can hardly see the pattern show through. I sewed on a piece of printed twill and called it a day.
I recently purchased a few of the new Tim Holtz Sizzix dies and used the Bird Cage die on this card. The cage was cut from a piece of kraft cardstock and then I used the woodgrain stamp to add texture to it. It took a rather blah looking piece and brought it to life! I love this particular piece of Basic Grey paper, the colors are fantastic!
Tip: when using unmounted or clear stamps, you can slightly bend sentiments to suit your design.

I placed the sentiment from the Friendly Kritters Scripture on my acrylic block so that it was slightly curved to match the curve of the cage. Birds and singing seem to go together don't you think?

Yesterday I had the chance to play hookie for a good part of my day. I met up with Cheryl Rowley and Lisa Kind and we spent almost 3 hours at our favorite stamp store, Buffalo Stamps! I would say there was a wee bit of enabling that happened, lol. More fun than one girl should have!

Today it is back to work to catch up from yesterday. It was totally worth it ;)!

No comments: