Thursday, April 22, 2010

Oh Girl!!

When we were shopping at the LSS on Tuesday, Cheryl Rowley and I bought the same stamp. I was done with my purchases and walking out the door when she pointed out this adorable Memory Box stamp (Dotty Tree Birds) on the shelf. Back up to the register I went. She posted this card yesterday and put the gauntlet down for me to use the same image. Well, you're on!



In the mail yesterday was also the 8x8 pack of October Afternoon Fly a Kite paper I ordered and I wasted no time tearing into that! All three of the papers on this card came from that pack. I bought some of the 12x12 of the same line at my LSS but the scaled down patterns in the packs are so perfect for cards. The flower paper has just a hint of blue so I matched the birds to that color. Never mind my crooked stitching, it was late, lol. I added some wide SU chocolate ribbon and 2 leaf stick pins from Maya Road.

I loooove that dotted tree!!! I am so glad I was enabled. lol.

5 comments:

Jennifer Roach said...

This is FANTASTIC!!! I love that stamp and the patchwork is perfection ;)

Deb Neerman said...

Yum; I love that dotted tree stamp too! GREAT get!! And a fabulous card, too!

Cheryl said...

Wowzie! You really met the challenge, Tracy! I love your card-perfect for Earth Day! I think I must have some Fly a Kite paper now! Love the patchwork AND the stitching and the stickpins!
Super!

p.s. Let's do this again and get Lisa involved!

Lisa Kind said...

OMGosh! That paper is a perfect match for the tree! Love this card, and where is the crooked stitching? Don't see it! I'm so mad I didn't buy this stamp...maybe I'll go back! LOL!

Lisa Kind said...

Hahahaha...I just saw Cheryl's comment! Bring it on girls!