Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Dirty Challenge

It is that time of the month, time for the Dirty Dozen past and present to do a challenge. Kelly (kmahany) is our hostess this month and in honor of Earth day this week, she challenged us to a make a card honoring earth or nature. Our required element was to use something recycled and our restriction was no buttons.

When I think of nature the first two things that come to mind are the color green and flowers. This gave me a chance to ink up another set I recently purchased from Our Craft Lounge, this one is called Dandy Days. I thought the sentiment was perfect for the challenge.

My recycled element is the bracket. It came to my house this week in the form of a cardboard envelope and I used a Sizzix die to cut it out and then painted it. The paper is Basic Grey, I love the earthy colors! I added lots of glitter to the dandelions, it is just the touch this card needed.

I think this would make a great encouragement card for someone. I can easily think of half a dozen people at church going through a tough spell right now. God is the ultimate transformer, he can take what is bad and use it for good. He can most certainly take our weeds and turn them into splendid flowers! He's done that times over in my life. Now I can't wait to send this card out!

The girls will be uploading their cards today, check them out here.

Blessings on your day!

1 comment:

Kelly Mahany said...

Tracy your card is beautiful!! I love the stamp set you used and think you created the most beautiful nature scene with it! Great use of the cardboard too!! Your bracket looks awesome!! :-)