Friday, November 05, 2010

Shake It!

TGIF folks! Snow is in our forecast today. I am so not ready for snow! But cute snowman are a different story, especially if they are the paper variety.

Back in August, I went to a stamp show south of Buffalo. One of the stamps I purchased from the Motivet booth was this patchwork snowman. It is actually made by the Artful Stamper but Motivet carries it, the official name is Snowman and Patches.

The framed shape of the stamp makes it perfect for turning it into a shaker. I stamped the image several times onto some pattern papers (retired SU) and twice onto white. One white layer was colored and used for the bottom of the shaker and the other I cut out the patchwork frame and paper pieced with the pattern papers. A piece of acetate is adhered behind the frame, foam tape creates the space between the layers and some of thick glass glitter acts as snow. Shakers are soooo much fun!

Instead of using the shaker on a card I used it to adorn a gable box that I will use for packaging a gift this Christmas. I embossed some light blue cardstock with snowflakes before adding some stitching and ribbon. I added a fancy tag that I made with the Tim Holtz Rosette die. I glued some of the same glass glitter onto the formed flower.


Several jars of homemade jams would work well in this box. Oooh and a bottle of my homemade vanilla too!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love this card! So cute! I also really love the snowflake embossing folder you used. Do you know which one this is, or from what company? I would love to purchase one.
thanks

lisablodgett@gmail.com