Monday, October 17, 2011

Sunshine Botanicals

Fall has hit Upstate NY! The leaves are turning and the weather is cool. Add rainy this week too. It was cool and damp enough that we had to break down and turn on the heat, I was really hoping to hold off until November. We have been very busy around here with oldest son's football games, repainting our sitting/computer room, refinancing our mortgage, and various other things. It feels good to knock some more things off the to-do list.

There was also a bit of time to create. For today's card I paired the SU set called Field Flowers with MME's Lost & Found Sunshine papers. I love the rich mustard yellows for fall.

I couldn't decide on which papers exactly, so I used 2. Black is always a nice anchor for these deep yellows. The image was inked in always artichoke, so saffron, more mustard with a touch of early espresso. The larger flower also has dots of black glaze pen added to the center. I added a touch of Copic maker to the leaves to fill them in a bit. There are 3 faceted accents in a lovely aqua, I can't remember the vendor at the moment but the facets on them make them so fun! There is a faint hint of aqua dots in the paper behind the bird to compliment the accents. Just a touch of cool tones to an otherwise warm palette.

I'll be back soon with a Stampavie project.
Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Randy said...

this looks very nice

Starla said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors, the image, the papers!

Renee said...

Very pretty! A very peaceful card :)